The 7th International Symposium & 29th National Conference on Operational Research will be co-organized by the School of Production Engineering and Management of the Technical University of Crete and the Hellenic Operational Research Society (HELORS). The conference will be held at the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Crete, Greece, June 14-16, 2018.
The purpose of the Conference is to disseminate recent scientific advances in the field of Operational Research and Management Science in Greece and to promote international co-operation among researchers and practitioners. The specific aim of this year’s Conference is to highlight the role and importance of OR, new technologies and innovation in agriculture and tourism. Proposed workshops and special sessions will be held during the conference days.
- March 31, 2018: Abstract submission (max 300 words).
- April 20, 2018: Notification of acceptance.
- May 15, 2018: Short papers (5 pages) submission.
- May 21, 2018: Early registration.
- June 14-16, 2018: Conference.
Marketing in the era of Social Media & Big Data
Organizers: Stelios Tsafarakis, Nikolaos Matsatsinis
- Artificial Intelligence Algorithms
- Channel Usage analytics and Promotion techniques
- Classification and Clustering Algorithms for Data Analysis and Big Data Analytics
- Electronic Word of Mouth, Product Diffusion, and Market Forecasting
- Location-based Network Data and Mobile Marketing
- Marketing Decisions
- Online Reviews, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Online Consumer Behavior, Click Stream modeling and Advertising models
- Optimal Product Design, Positioning Methods and Market Segmentation
- Real time processing applications
- Social Media analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Personalization, User Profiling, and Recommender Systems
Publication: Book “Marketing in the era of Social Media and Big Data: New Trends and Applications”, Springer.
Exploring Risks and Implications of different Energy and Climate Policy Scenarios towards 2050: Methods, tools and models
Organizers: Haris Doukas, Alexandros Flamos & Jenny Lieu
- Decision support toolbox for policy-related uncertainties and risks
- Environmental, economic and social impacts of low carbon technology options
- Costs and benefits analysis of transition pathwaysEffects of Alternative Policy Pathways
- Risks and Uncertainties of Climate Change Mitigation Portfolios
- Energy and Climate Policy Performance and associated Risks
- Implications of Climate Change Mitigation Policies to several sectors (Agriculture, Food, Buildings, Transportation, Service, and Manufacturing)
- Development of Alternative Policy Pathways and Identification of Optimal Switching Points
- Quantifying Costs and Benefits of Flexible Policy Implementation
- Qualitative tools evaluating low carbon pathways
- Public Acceptance in Energy and Climate Policy
- Portfolio Analysis in Energy and Climate Policy
- Multi-criteria consideration of risk and uncertainty for climate and energy policy
Selected articles will be invited for publication at:
- Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning and Policy, Taylor & Francis (Editor in Chief: Alexandros Flamos)
- Special Issue on "Assessing risks and uncertainties of low-carbon transition pathways", Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions, Elsevier.
The TRANSrisk project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 642260